Sunday 8 February 2015

Gamer raided by Swat team in front of 60,000 viewers

Title: Gamer raided by Swat team in front of 60,000 viewers

Summary:
Air Force veteran, Joshua Peters, was targeted by anonymous attackers in the middle of a Twitch stream of the browser game Runescape. The veteran was confronted by 10 armed SWAT team members where they had arrived at the veteran’s house and was in shock.

Facts/Phrases:
Ø  Before ending the show, the streamer turned back to the audience, and addressed his attacker. “I see you posting my address. I had police point a gun at my little brothers because of you. They could have been shot, they could have died. Because you chose to swat my stream. I don’t give a shit about what you have against me, or what I did to you. For that I am at a loss for words. Your gripe is with me. But do not involve my family in this. They don’t deserve it.”

Opinion:

In my opinion, this was caused by the development of New and digital media; this is because the rise has introduced newer crimes and forms to which crimes can be committed and since the attackers had attempted it again it was a personal vendetta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment